- This event has passed.
Understanding the Importance of Self-care
May 17 @ 7:00 PM - 8:30 PMFree
Children are returning to school and they will most certainly be bringing their full selves into the classroom. This holds true for adults as well. It is not uncommon to downplay the impact the pandemic has had on our wellbeing. If we do not address our own trauma and develop strategies for managing the effects trauma has on ourselves, then we risk re-traumatizing our children and students. Being trauma-responsive is about the adults first and the child second.
Becoming Trauma-responsive Series is a 4-Part interactive series designed to broaden the social and emotional intelligence of parents and educators so that we are more skillful and responsive in our approach. We must be willing to do the “inside-outside” work to recognize the areas in ourselves that need healing so that we show up more whole to our families and work.
Session 4: Understanding the Importance of Self-care – What gets in the way of your self-care? With so much impacting our daily lives, this is the time to build our resilience so that we emerge from this pandemic with fewer wounds and scars.
Session 4 Objectives:
- Ground in our current social-political context and how it impacts the need for self-care
- Explore the brain research behind self-care
- Discuss self-care strategies and plan actionable ways to implement them into your daily lives
This is the last session of the Becoming Trauma-responsive Series. Past sessions included:
- Understanding Trauma to be a Trauma-responsive Parent and Educator
- Trauma: Its Impact and What We Bring to the Table Matters
- Trauma-responsive Strategies for Parents and Educators
Want to learn more about Becoming Trauma-responsive Series? Email Lisa Hart, Community Coordinator/Series Instructor at Lisa@empoweryouthnetwork.org